CBD Evolve’s Ten Commandments* of networking
CBD Evolve owes much of its success to our “Givers Gain” approach. How does this work for us? We find that the following ten commandments of networking work us:
- Thou shalt drop the “what is in it for me?” attitude
- Thou shalt listen
- Thou shalt build a relationship
- Thou shalt give the first referral
- Thou shalt not tell others of the referral you require; thou shalt “show them” with a story
- Thou shalt be specific of the type of referral
- Thou shalt reciprocate when appropriate
- Thou shalt participate in the network executive, functions and network time
- Thou shalt thank the person who gave a referral
- Thou shalt follow up on the referral within 24 hours
There is a Miller Heiman Group principle called the Valid Business Reason, which states:
- Satisfy the WIIFM for someone else to network with you
- Do that and you will be invited to be a valued member of other networks
- That has to be the measure of the most reverent networkers.
Download your own copy of the CBD Evolve’s Ten Commandments* of networking.
*Source: Mark McGregor, Speaking of Hearts
It’s this sort of approach that has seen our group write $209,000 in closed business referred among our members in the last WEEK alone! Come along to a meeting and find out how it all works for yourself – and for the future growth of your business. Click here for details and to book your ticket to one of our upcoming breakfast meetings.